Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Your Journey and drama continues after you move in...

Once we all closed on our homes, we thought............alright new house...ready to move in!

Be prepared, you will still talk to your PM!

Before I begin..........RH has answered all my calls immediately and repaired within hours of calling,  I have been impressed...........

My kitchen sink was leaking, plumber was here in literally 5 minutes...

Woke up one morning to no water, my water line froze and had to be thawed out.  I had called the water company, they said there were no outages, they sent a service guy up who told me the meter was frozen and it is the owners problem.  RH had to come up and heat the line and then place straw around it, problem solved in 2 hours or less.

Few hours later,that same day, my drain in the basement flooded and plumbers came to fix the pump.I actually felt bad for my PM....

Been fighting with Guardian for days about their screw up with the pre wire...still fighting with them, they (not RH) are terrible.









5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it! I responded to your comment on my post... But I am still in shock about this! I hope it starts to get better! Thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pain! There is no such thing as nitpicking. You have a new house and should not experience these problems! Keep contacting whoever you can to make sure it gets fixed! Hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I am so sorry you are having so many issues. Everything seems fine at our house, but I now have an overwhelming desire to check all of our sinks to be sure they are not leaking. These are definitely not nit-picky issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear no issues for you that's awesome, I am still overwhelmed because Guardian is screwing things up now...we cant hook up our surround sound....urrgghh

      Delete
  4. I don't know if it's normal, but it does happen. Our issues were more with our windows leaking, creaking floors and tubs. Then, when they fixed the tub, the plumber never turned the water back on in the tub to ensure that everything was hooked back up properly. When I turned the water back on to use the tub, water leaked down through my light over the fireplace. Our first month was a whirlwind of guys in here what seemed like daily. Though we've been in seven months, they are finally coming in next month to fix all of the careless and haphazardly done items that I complained about on the survey. I will be doing a post on that soon. Though there's little comfort in it, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this :)

    ReplyDelete