Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kitchen pics Espresso Cab & St. Cecilia Granite/Family Room pics!

Savoy Home

(this is a repost, one of my most popular followed posts in the past) We have been in our home almost 2 years now. 11-16-14.

All bumps out included with Morning room.

Kitchen is St. Cecilia Granite and Espresso Cabinets, upgraded stainless appliances and fawcetts, upgraded lighting package, upgraded granite package and 42" tall cabinets with crown molding, these were all incentives included in our home, be bought at the RIGHT time :) And extension of the "L" in the island, and granite overhang into the morning room which allows for two more stools for more seating.  Its my son's favorite spot to eat....so glad I asked for it.

We did hardware on cabinets ourselves.  Save yourself a lot of money, do it yourself. Please don't put this into your mortgage (hardware)

Living room pics to follow kitchen...urgg, least fav room due to OLD oversized furniture, and I should have gotten a brick fireplace....




So much cabinet space in this island, I haven't filled all of it.

You ask, how do I reach the upper shelves in the cabinets...LOL...I don't my boys do it for  me .


And of course my CAT, love of my life, NEMMERZ!



Now for my OLD living room furniture!! Danielle, this is the 2 foot bump out pic below.


With 2 foot bump out...future builders ask them to move the fireplace switch AWAY from the side of the fireplace, as you can see it is on the wall over on the left,  I like that MUCH better than right beside the fireplace.

OK, ugly but super comfy Lov Sac jammed in the left corner, I just pushed it back there when we are not using it, also to the right of pic in corner is an ottoman that we use when we are ALL in there, but when not using I push that off to the right, see furniture just too big now for my NEW living room.

2 foot bump out. And my hubby's favorite chair, the recliner, he is like AL BUNDY or Archy Bunker, we will always have recliner.



NEXT POST BATH PICS AND HALLWAY AND THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP
FOR DECOR FOR NOW.


14 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen! I wished I would have seen that layout! Thanks for the 2Ft bump out photo too. I think your layout looks great, and the furniture is not bad either. I know we all love new, especially when we move into a NEW home! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your kitchen different with two openings to the morning room?

      Delete
  2. SO PRETTY!! AWWW!!

    I purchased a two step stool for my dressing room closet and use it also in the house when needed from Marshalls for $19.99. It even have flowers on it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! Everything looks great, you made some great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks great! I cannot reach anything beyond the second shelf in the kitchen cabinets. Heck, we had to install a small shelf in the mudroom just so I could reach the laundry soap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! We are building the Jefferson Square and chose the same cabinet and countertop colors as you. I'm excited at how great yours looks : ) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a picture of your kitchen/family room area looking towards the hallway so I can see how carpet/wood transition looks like? Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DW, so you had to request the overhang on the island? Your version seems standard now for the "gourmet" island style. My just put in a request for an overhang to continue on the part next to that current overhang so instead of seating 2, we can seat 3. Not sure it will go through but I've seen this in other elevations so I'm crossing fingers. I'm sure they will charge us too! We had to give $250 for this custom request too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sterling so much changes in these homes, I guess when all customers do a nonstandard request soooooooooooooooo much it becomes the standard. LOL. I dont see why the wouldnt extend it more, as long as the island can support it, I dont see why the cant make the slab bigger?? If would call the granite company and ask their opinion also, that way if RH comes back and says NO? I would be asking well "why not" the granite company said no problem. I was in contact with my granite company quite a bit, thats one thing I did NOT want a mistake on :). Yup I can be a real pain in the ass. LOL

      Delete
    2. Haha! Well, how did you get the granite company name...through your SR?

      Delete
    3. Yup ask the SR and if she tells you she doesnt know, well then, ask her to find out, or ask your PM, or ask the neighbors in your "hood" someone will know. She may NOT want to give you that info, but its easily enough found :) Or you may just happen to see the granite trunk in your neighborhood.

      Delete
  8. Hi there !!! Can you tell me what you did to extend the "L" in the island? I want to extend our island as well for seating purposes and wanted to see what you did or how you went about it. Is there a copy of the form with the measurements or specs on it?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, this was offered in our plan at the time. All of the savoys had them. It was not a special order, it was included in the incentives. But every Savoy we toured had one just like it. Im so sorry I cant help with this one, maybe just show them my pic and see what they can do. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete