Thursday, September 19, 2013

Outdoor Huge Fireplace, patio roof, exposed aggregate patio, sitting walls! 20+ PICS!

I have been jonzing about an outdoor space since we moved in - in January!

Finally we have the exposed aggregate patio about 657 square feet.

And large gable roof over part of the patio 16 wide by 20 deep.

Fireplace (not PIT..... a PLACE (which I hated at first) made from Unilock Brussel System we did ourselves with sitting walls and lights inside of sitting walls.

I adore my outdoor space!

Next on the list is our movie room in our basement this winter. I'm told that's a winter project and its the project my kids are the most excited about.

Please keep in mind the gable roof is still unfinished, we are installing a ceiling fan and can lights before we finish the underneath side of it, right now you can see the structure of the roof.  But I had to share pics now, I waited long enough.  And my mom said I hadn't blogged in awhile, sorry MOM :)

Next year a HUGE rock water feature running down our hillside.





BEFORE

In progress

Before they expose the aggregate.

Beautiful Brown exposed concrete patio..... 657 square feet!





Drum roll please...!!! Hubby's pride and joy here! Handmade by.......US!


Add outdoor Brussels fireplace with sitting walls with lights and a gable style roof.
BACK SIDE OF FIREPLACE.

I think for this year I have run out of places to really plant shrubs and flowers.

Sitting walls with two "towers" and lights in the sitting walls.

My Ty Pennington furniture from Sears, it's so comfy love it!








Brussels sitting wall with lights, we did this ourselves!! Took  7 entire days sun up to sun down to see sitting walls and fireplace. Hubby worked super hard over his vacation to get this done.

Roof is still unfinished we have to run electrical for a ceiling fan and can lights then
we will finish the underside of the roof. Electrical work is
not our strong point, so it taking some time to figure it out ourselves.


Matching sitting wall on the opposite side, also with lights in them.


Cant wait to add that ceiling fan and can lights!
Then finish it with stained pine under roofing to finish this look.


Ahh finally an outdoor space I can enjoy! Lovely!!!



Next year on schedule is a very large water fountain feature made from very large rock running down the hillside you see on the left on the screen!




Our blood sweat and tears here....well not really tears!!


FOR YOU MOM!

37 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! Great job on the DIY parts of this project. It's looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful!! I am saving this post to my favorites for when we are ready to add a patio. That is awesome DIY work, kudos to you and your hubby. I would have to hire a contractor. Again, it is gorgeous!

    DB (pittsburgh area and new ryan home owner May 2013)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous, Do you have a blog? I always love seeing homes in our area.

      Thanks for the compliments, we worked really hard.

      Delete
    2. No, I didn't blog :-(. I wish I had of. We built a Florence and so far so good. I really like the layout of the Savoy. They don't offer the Savoy model in my plan.

      DB

      Delete
  3. Wow. Just wow. It looks incredible. And it must especially good having built that yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, oh yes my hubby thinks he painted the Mona Lisa..LOL

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! And it's so awesome that you all did it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY!!!!!! You did it proud with your pics !!! You know it is my most favorite place at your house now !! I was so leery of the fireplace being way too big but it is absolutely beautiful and so unique. The 3 sitting walls with lights - the gable roof to give you covered space. You both did a wonderful job of creating & He did a fabulous job executing ! The water fall next year will be the whipped cream topping !!!!! It is beautiful guys ! Enjoy our days there. MOM xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, I couldnt get up as high as I wanted for pics because with it being so very warm today the sting bugs and flying grasshoppers with flying ninjas today and it was freaking me out, so I didnt stay outside too long! thanks..xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! Beautiful! I wold never go inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely fantastic looking. What you have done out there puts any plans we may have had to shame, making every thing pale in comparison. Now you share those pictures and make everyone shake their heads and go back to the drawing board to redesign whatever mess they had in mind! Thanks for sharing, this will be impossible to top, but gives plenty of ideas to steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, aw you are so sweet, thanks so much for the kind words! You know we are always thinking of ways to make things better ya know!! So when I really look at it, there is still so much more I want to add.....LOL

      Delete
  8. I AM IN LOVE! WHEN CAN I BRING MY SON AND DOG TO LIVE ON YOUR PATIO? IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely gorgeous!! and you both did it!! how amazing i wish I were that handy. Will you come do mine? LOL great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's just beautiful! You both did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This. Is. GORGEOUS! This is exactly what I hope our outdoor space will look like! I am seriously impressed that you're doing it yourselves, too! There's no way I'm that handy - I would have given up long ago. But this is amazing! I'm sure your neighbors are jealous as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is AMAZING!!!! I love the patio exposed look and that fireplace is to die for! Great job it looks professional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!!!! The pictures don't do it's justice!! I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My jaw literally dropped! WOW! Looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CMM, thanks I was hoping for jaw dropping but you know when you built it yourself, your reaction is a little different...thanks so much.

      Delete
    2. Does the overhang make your living room darker? Just wondering if it blocks the sunlight much.

      Delete
    3. CMM it does block some light, it does make a difference for us since our backyard is a highside, if your lot were flat or on a hill I dont think it would matter as much and that is why we went with an open gable as well. Thanks to our PM I was originally going to put the roof out over the morning room and she warned me of blocking a lot of light, thank goodness for her opinion.

      Delete
  15. This looks amazing!!! It has such a great flow, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your patio is soo friggin awesome!! I would be out there all the time!! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess jess, I tried to type in all my directions but the blog wouldnt let me, so I created a tab at the top of the page for you. Let me know if it was helpful!

      Delete
  17. P.S. - Hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing your idea/design/etc for inspiration and passing it off to my husband! If you aren't too tired, would you post where you found the information/how to for this? Tips, tricks, and fair warnings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess Jess, see the new tab I posted at the top of my page. Let me know your thoughts.

      Delete
  18. OMG this is absolutely amazing! Did you come up with this design yourself? Everything about it is perfection! The fireplace and the overhang are my favorites. So glad you went the "place" over the "pit"... I feel like it gives the space such a luxurious feel. I am beyond impressed by your planning an execution! These photos are going right into my outdoor inspiration folder :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. DW this is absolutley incredible!! Amazing!! Great job to you and your husband! We are DIY ers but nothing like what you guys accomplished ... Absolutley beautiful! Thanks for sharing... Definatley need to steal some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna and Roger :) You have been kinda quiet.

      Delete
  20. OMG.... I LOVE it!!! We just finished our deck. We plan on adding a patio in the Spring. I want your outdoor fireplace! I am sending your link to my hubby now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clever! Clever! Clever! I love how you two have been turning your house into a HOME! I love all the personal touches. LOVE YOUR DESIGN! You TWO are AMAZING! So glad to see these HAPPY posts filled with LOVe for your home. YOU TWO ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks fantastic! I really like the curved part of the aggregate patio ending with that lovely fireplace! Btw, was this shot taken in the morning or in the afternoon? I’m asking because the shade seems to cover most of the exposed part of the patio, which is definitely a great plus if you’re entertaining people before sundown. Cheers, and enjoy your new porch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the landscaping that you did with the area around the patio. It really makes hanging out in the patio worthwhile. And having a covered part to avoid hot afternoons is definitely a big plus!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, looks great. I am in process of expanding my current patio and plan on adding an outdoor fireplace and sitting walls similar to yours. I have a few questions I would like to ask. Could you please email me at matt20971@aol.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete